Upneeq is the only FDA-approved prescription eyedrop for acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) that lifts your upper eyelids to open your eyes.
If your eyes look “tired” or “sleepy,” you may have a condition called acquired blepharoptosis (also known as acquired ptosis or low-lying lids). Millions of people over the age of 40 may have acquired ptosis, but only 15% have been diagnosed – and even fewer have received any treatment. Acquired ptosis is a common medical condition that:
- Can develop later in life
- Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age
- Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the upper eyelid to droop
- May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition. It could also be a sign of a more serious medical condition.
Low-lying eyelids can affect eyesight by not only blocking your vision, but also reducing field of vision, which may interfere with day-to-day functions such as:
- Computer use
- Looking up without the need to tilt your head back